Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys
Helping car crash injury victims throughout the Southeast
No one ever foresees a car wreck happening. When this does, you rely on the insurance company to pay you what you are rightfully owed from your insurance claim. This rarely happens as the insurance company industry is in the business of making a profit, not to pay claimants the money they are rightfully owed.
Warhurst Law has the distinction of being led by a former insurance claims manager, who can help you navigate the complex arena of personal injury. There are many tactics that the insurance company from a car accident will employ to deny, delay, or underpay its claims. Working for the insurance company, and handling thousands of similar claims, has allowed firm founder Gene Warhurst to understand these tactics and advocate for our insured against the insurance company that is trying to talk you into a quick, fast settlement.
What kinds of vehicle crash claims do you handle?
Warhurst Law provides aggressive representation to victims of motor vehicle wrecks. If you or your loved one suffered an injury and losses because of a negligent driver, passenger, or transportation company, you can count on us. We handle complex claims arising from:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- Boating accidents
- Work zones crashes
- Defective roadways
What kinds of personal injury cases do you take?
Warhurst Law handles serious personal injury claims throughout the Southeast. When someone else’s negligence causes you or your loved one harm, we will fight to protect your family and your future. We handle claims involving:
- Slips, trips and falls
- Animal attacks
- Dangerous products
- Nursing home abuse & neglect
- Construction sites
- Wrongful death
From broken bones and chronic pain to spinal cord injuries and traumatic brain injuries, Warhurst Law is prepared to represent you in front of a jury or at a settlement negotiation.
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim?
How long you have to file a personal injury claim is based on what kind of claim you’re filing, and where you are filing it. You could have as little as one year under normal circumstances.
The clock starts running the moment you are injured, or could have reasonably been expected to know you were injured. Certain states have different statutes of limitations for defective product claims and claims against the government may be shorter still. In short, you should seek help from a personal injury attorney as soon as you possible can, so you are not barred from recovering compensation.
What kinds of damages can you claim in a personal injury case?
There are three categories of damages in a personal injury case:
- Economic damages, sometimes called special damages, which cover calculable expenses like medical bills, property loss, and lost wages.
- Non-economic damages, which account for intangible losses like pain and suffering, or loss of companionship.
- Punitive damages, sometimes called exemplary damages, which are used to punish egregious acts of recklessness and/or negligence. These damages are rare, and the type of case you file can determine whether or not you are eligible.
What happens if the driver who hit me doesn’t have insurance?
If you are injured in a car accident involving an uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM), you can use your own UM/UIM insurance to cover the costs associated with the wreck. You can also use your MedPay or PIP (depending on where you live) to cover medical expenses.
If you seek treatment in a hospital – and we strongly suggest that you do – you can use your health insurance to cover your care, too.
How Warhurst Law protects personal injury clients
Whether you are involved in an accident with an automobile, motorcycle, or 18-wheeler, Warhurst Law has the experience and knowledge on our side to recover the most money for you and your loved ones. We help our clients by:
- Evaluating and interpreting your insurance policy to find every source of coverage and funds available to you.
- Negotiating and speaking to the insurance company on your behalf.
- Collecting and submitting all medical bills, treatment bills, and mechanical bills to the insurance company.
- Keeping our clients informed of the process and timeline of their claim against the insurance company.
- Settling or negotiating the final amount with the insurance company for the maximum amount available.
- Representing our clients in jury trials when negotiations fail.
Gene Warhurst is available to clients 24/7, to take your call with any questions if you have been involved in a wreck, at an unsafe premises, or by a dangerous product.
Hurt in a wreck? Call Warhurst Law today
We want to make the process of handling your claim as easy as possible. Let us take the burden off of your shoulders of trying to figure out the insurance claims process and call us today at 251-694-1932, or use our contact form to schedule your free consultation at our Mobile office.